Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Twist on Tacos

I'm big on tradition so when my husband once told me that Taco Mondays were he and his late father's tradition I've wanted to keep that going. They would make tacos and watch Monday night football. I've done pretty well finding "creative" ways to keep this tradition - tacos, taco soup, taco casserole, etc. Yesterday I came across a recipe that gave me my inspiration for last night's Taco Ring.

INGREDIENTS
1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
1 package McCormick® Cheesy Taco Seasoning Mix
3/4 cup milk
Shredded cheese
Sour cream (garnish)
*black olives, onions, green chiles would all be good to add into the mix* But for this time I kept it pretty simple.

DIRECTIONS
1. BROWN ground beef or turkey in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat.
2. STIR in Seasoning Mix and milk.
3. BRING to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.


Arrange crescent rolls on a 13-in. round pizza pan, forming a ring with wide ends overlapping and pointed ends facing the outer edge of pan. Spoon filling over wide ends of rolls, sprinkle on cheese. Fold points of rolls over filling and tuck under wide ends at center (filling with be visible). Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with sour cream.

(This is not my picture - but a great way to serve the taco ring)

I'm always on the search for my next Taco Monday recipe - I think I've found next week's here.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

wow, before this week i had never even heard of a taco ring... and then both you and another nestie post within days of each other! :) you can check out her post here:
http://bethnnates-sweetlife.blogspot.com/

Jaime said...

sorry, here's the direct link to the post:
http://bethnnates-sweetlife.blogspot.com/2007/11/taco-ring.html