Thursday, November 8, 2007

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have been in the mood to make home made chocolate chip cookies. My family is so used to the "break and bake" they were all amazed when I broke out the mixer for cookies. "Mom, you are making home made cookies???" I've had my eye on this recipe from this blog and this blog for a couple days. So I was excited to try them. They did not disappoint!

Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from America's Test Kitchen

2 cups plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 Tbsp (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted & cooled until warm
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips *I used milk chocolate chips*

Preheat oven to 325°. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
.
Whisk dry ingredients together; set aside.With electric mixer, or by hand, mix butter & sugars until thoroughly combined.
.
Beat in egg, yolk and vanilla until combined. Add dry ingredients & beat at low speed just until combined. Stir in chips.
.
Roll scant 1/2 cup dough into ball (I cute this in half for my second batch). Holding dough ball in fingertips of both hands, pull into 2 equal halves. Rotate halves 90 degrees and, with jagged surfaces facing up, place formed dough onto cookie sheet, leaving ample room between each ball. .
Bake, reversing position of cookie sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft & puffy. *This took about 15 minutes in MY oven but start at 10 minutes and check from there. Do NOT over bake!
.
Cool cookies on sheets until able to lift without breaking and place on wire rack to cool.
.
A cold glass of milk + one of these cookies = Yummy Goodness!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEEEY!! So glad you liked them! Another on the bandwagon I see. lol.They look great. :)