Monday, May 5, 2008

Roasted Tomato Salsa

I love making salsa, even more I love eating salsa. I've been known to say (before I was married) that if chips and salsa were a man, I'd marry it!! Add a Diet Coke in the mix, well that's just heaven!!!

I couldn't wait any longer for my tomatoes in my garden so I had to pick up some at the store. You can definitely taste the difference with home grown vs. store bought. Nevertheless, it still turned out really tasty.

I lined the broiler with foil and roasted them until they were black on top.

Then flipped them over to get charred on the bottom

I added the jalapeno to cook for about 15 minutes or charred. Let tomatoes cool in a bowl.

I usually char the tomatoes on the grill but I didn't want to mess with that. It turns out I like using the broiler so much better.

I don't follow a recipe - every time it seems to be different. Everything is to be added to your taste and your liking.

  • Tomatoes charred
  • Fresh tomatoes
  • Cilantro
  • Garlic
  • Jalapeno (charred - with seeds taken out)
  • Onion
  • if needed, a can of diced tomatoes (I like the ones with onion and garlic)
  • garlic salt (optional)

I use the blender because I like my salsa soupy - I don't like the mess with chunks.

  • I chop up the garlic and onion first
  • mix in the jalapeno (slice open and remove the seeds)
  • mix in the charred tomatoes (with the juices that are in the bowl)
  • chop and drop the fresh tomatoes

Taste : )

  • add the cilantro

Taste : )

  • if needed add the can of tomatoes

Taste : )

  • add whatever your little heart desires until you want to marry it.

No comments: