Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Monkey Bread


I've seen it on other blogs but never imagined it to be such yummy, gooey, oooey, goodness. I saw this recipe yesterday and knew I wanted to make it!

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, if desired
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted


DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan.
2. In large plastic food-storage bag, mix sugar and cinnamon. Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Shake in bag to coat. Arrange in pan, adding walnuts and raisins among the biscuit pieces.
3. Mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.
4. Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.

This is definitely not a healthy treat.... but an oh so good one.

2 comments:

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I've seen Monkey bread in a magazine one time and seen it in the freezer section at the store but I've never tried it, because I always forget I have the recipe. Now that I've seen yours I might just have to try it out.

Deborah said...

I love monkey bread, but haven't had it in ages! This is making me really crave some!